General Board Funds
The General Board provides participants with a variety of investment funds. Our Investment Funds Description provides further information on the investment strategy and other pertinent details of the General Board's funds.
- Stable Value Fund (SVF)
- SVF’s investment objective is to preserve capital and to produce current income through investment in a portfolio of investment grade, fixed-income securities and principal protection contracts.
- Inflation Protection Fund (IPF)
- IPF’s investment objective is to provide investors with current income and protect principal from loss of purchasing power due to inflation. The fund holds U.S. and foreign fixed-income securities. Additionally, the fund invests in commodity futures contracts.
- Fixed Income Fund (FIF)
- FIF’s investment objective is to earn current income by investing in a broad mix of fixed-income instruments. Although a majority of the fund invests in publicly traded U.S. fixed-income securities, the fund also holds fixed-income instruments denominated in currencies other than the U.S. dollar. Additionally, the fund holds privately placed loans originated by the PSP Lending Program.
- Multiple Asset Fund (MAF)
- MAF’s investment objective is to maximize long-term investment returns, including current income and capital appreciation, while reducing short-term risk by investing in a broad mix of investments. The fund is a “fund of funds” and holds a prespecified allocation of units of the U.S. Equity Fund, International Equity Fund, Fixed Income Fund and Inflation Protection Fund.
- Balanced Social Values Plus Fund (BSVPF)
- BSVP’s investment objective is to earn current income and capital appreciation by investing in a broad mix of investments, with added emphasis on the socially responsible investing objectives of The United Methodist Church. The fund holds U.S. stocks and securities originated by the PSP Lending Program.
- U.S. Equity Fund (USEF)
- USEF’s investment objective is to earn long-term capital appreciation from a broadly diversified portfolio that includes equities of the 3,000 largest U.S.-domiciled, publicly owned companies, as well as equity index futures. Additionally, the fund holds interests in publicly traded real estate investment trusts (REITs), private real estate partnerships and private equity (e.g., buyout funds and venture capital).
- International Equity Fund (IEF)
- IEF’s investment objective is to earn long-term capital appreciation from a broadly diversified portfolio of foreign equities. Additionally, the fund holds interests in REITs and private real estate partnerships located in foreign countries. The fund may also invest in private equity (e.g., buyout funds and venture capital).
Important Information for Participants Self-Directing Investments: If you self-direct your General Board-administered retirement investments, please read this important information.
|Prices as of 06/17/2013 |
|Fund ||Price ||Change ||YTD |
|SVF ||$1.0000 ||N/A ||0.9% |
|IPF ||$16.0958 ||-0.3% ||-4.0% |
|FIF ||$25.9620 ||-0.1% ||-0.5% |
|MAF ||$21.8538 ||0.5% ||7.1% |
|BSVPF ||$21.0284 ||0.4% ||11.5% |
|USEF ||$23.0141 ||0.8% ||15.5% |
|IEF ||$27.9169 ||0.8% ||4.2% |