Ministerial Pension Plan (MPP)
The Ministerial Pension Plan (MPP) provides clergy with a pension for their years of ministry with The United Methodist Church from 1982 through 2006. The plan is designed to provide participants with one piece of their overall retirement portfolio.
MPP was replaced by the Clergy Retirement Security Program effective January 1, 2007. However, if you have an MPP account, it will continue to be invested, and you will receive benefits from the plan as before.
MPP is an Internal Revenue Code section 403(b) retirement plan. Upon retirement, at least 65% of your account balance must be annuitized. The remaining 35% may be annuitized, rolled over to UMPIP or another qualified plan or IRA, or paid in a lump sum.
For More Information
Click on the following links for more information about MPP: