Benefits Projection Calculator
You can create your own Retirement Benefits Projection online through Benefits Access. To access this application:
- Log on to www.benefitsaccess.org with your username and password.
- Select “Take Action” from the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Under Project Future Values, select “Project Retirement Benefits.”
Even though many of the fields are pre-filled, you may adjust some of the information to examine different options. For example, “Retirement Age” defaults to the Social Security Normal Retirement Age, but you can adjust it if you are considering retiring at a different age.
If your retirement is several years away, you might consider using the Retirement Readiness Tool instead of creating a Retirement Benefits Projection. This tool helps you determine how much you will need for retirement by estimating costs for housing, health care and other spending, and helps you find ways to close the gap, if any, between what you need and what you expect to have. The Retirement Readiness Tool also is accessible from the Project Future Values menu.
If you have not registered for the Benefits Access website, you will need to register using your Social Security number and personal identification number (PIN). If you need a new PIN or would like assistance using the Retirement Benefits Projection, call the General Board at 800.851.2201.
Tips for the Retirement Benefits Projection:
- You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system, as the projection calculator output is a PDF report. To download a free version of this reader, visit www.adobe.com
- You need to allow pop-ups from www.benefitsaccess.org for the application to generate the report.
Note: This application creates projections for illustrative purposes only and does not constitute a guarantee of benefits. Your actual benefit can only be determined via an Application for Benefits submitted at the time of retirement.